July 19, 2008

Tracking The Unknown


The Satellite News, Brisbane. June 25, 2008

Do you believe in aliens? Jindalee residents study extraterrestrial life.

Do aliens really exist? Jindalee residents Martin and Sheryl Gottschall have no doubts the cosmos is filled with extraterrestrial life attracted to the sunshine state. The local skywatchers are members of UFO Research Queensland, a voluntary, non-profit association established in 1956 to receive, record and research UFO sightings.

They claim the existence of a large body of well-attested sightings so unambiguous, the only reasonable inference is that extraterrestrial vehicles are flying through our atmosphere, landing on the ground and entering our oceans.

The Brisbane-based group also provides support to individuals whose alleged encounters with UFOs have left them distraught, confused and searching for answers.

The married couple believe governments across the world will no longer be able to keep UFOs as an ‘X-file’ from society as the number of alien witnesses continue to increase.

Mr Gottschall, who is the organization’s sighting officer, said he had studied UFOs for the past 40 years after his ex-wife sighted one the size of a bus in front of their Adelaide home in the 1960s. “My wife was about to hop into her car when she saw the UFO in front of her. She yelled out to me but for some reason I ignored her”, he said. “When I finally went out it had disappeared but I believed her because of the look on her face.”

Also a consultant mechanical engineer, Mr Gottschall said he wanted to understand the science behind what made UFOs hover above the ground without making a sound. “About 20 years ago I realized that the craft is able to manipulate both space and time,” he said.

Unlike her husband who has had just one sighting, Mrs Gottschall has had four. “I’ve had sightings at Mt Gravatt, Wivenhoe Dam, Ipswich and above the Gateway Bridge,” she said. “I can’t explain why I have seen so many while others haven’t seen any. I guess some people just have an encounter prone personality type.”

Mrs Gottschall said she had also encountered an unknown life form in 1990. “I saw three small grey beings standing at the end of my bed,” she said. “As soon as I saw them I pulled the sheet over my head and started to pray. The next thing it was morning.”

Mrs Gottschall said she became fascinated with paranormal activity while hosting home bible-study groups about 20 years ago. “I started reading the bible because I questioned what our reason for being was,” she said. “I soon noticed a strong parallel between experiences of those who believed to see aliens and those who believed to see angels.”

UFO Research Queensland holds one meeting open to the public each month. The next meeting is on this Friday from 7.30pm at the Australian College of Natural Medicine, corner of Brunswick and Water Streets, Spring Hill.

No comments: